Tuesday, November 10, 2009

mind shift


Life changes, so I am making life changes. I am on a yoga kick, done six days in a row..five were hot yoga in the studio, and one day on my own. ITs amazing how yoga not only transforms your body but also how much more control I have over my mind is even more uncanny. I usually bitch and moan about any little task that I have to do, and try to get sympathy from those around me. now, I just do it. Don't think, just do. I am going to have to do the task anyway, I might as well not bitch about it. Strangely not bitching makes tasks less horrible. Its like amazing that i did not already know this. Now when I hear my roommate bitching about whatever, I just tune out and feel happy that I notice that I no longer do it. Yay for me.

Still smoking herb, but not as much. this is a short blog cause I am meeting my prego sister for lunch. I am in the midst of planning her shot gun wedding, and the stress that was so great, is melting in front of me.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I too am amazed at the impact yoga can have on the "troubled" mind. I don't know that the "just doing" part so much translates to my daily life, but it does give me a calm that I am usually lacking. I need to get back into it. I do find that doing sessions alone work better for me though. I have tried group classes, and it always feels "weird." You seem to like the group classes though?